I am trying to publish a list of full service competitive intelligence companies. They must have a website and be properly focused on competitive intelligence. That excludes:
- General market research companies: companies like Synovate analyze competitors from time to time, but that would extend the list to every market research company in the world
- General strategy boutiques: even McKinsey do competitive intelligence, but that does not really make them a 'competitive intelligence company'. On the other hand, Frost & Sullivan barely mention competitive intelligence on their website, so some subjective selection is required
- Semi-spy agencies like Hakluyt or corporate risk companies like Kroll
- Information specialists focused on secondary research: someone like Karen Blakeman is certainly focused on competitive intelligence, but (I believe) does not do primary research, so is not full service. I may come back to this category with a new list, but I would need an angle on why my list would be better than the AIIP list
SCIP does have a list, but it is selective (it may be paid inclusion). It omits companies like competitive intelligence giants Aqute (because we are too cheap to pay); Frost & Sullivan, who have been in competitive intelligence since 1492; and social media powerhouse Competia.
Here is my first draft, have I missed anyone out, or included anyone wrongly? Please leave suggestions in the comments, or tweet @aquteintel.
- Aqute Intelligence
- Aurora WDC
- Cascade Insights
- Cast Intelligence
- China Institute of Competitive Intelligence
- Combs Inc
- DC Analytics
- Die Denkfabrik
- EMP Intelligence
- European Agency
- Fred Wergeles
- Frost & Sullivan
- Fuld & Co
- Global Intelligence Alliance
- Infiniti Research
- Intelligence Source
- Neon Flag
- Outward Insights
- Perpetual Strategist
- Proactive Worldwide
- Rauch Associates
- Sedulo Group
- Sharp Market
- Trinity Square
Suggestions, comments most welcome!
Edit: deleted ClearCI and GIA, see comments below.
Edit: adding ChinaCIR (also here).
Edit: added GIA back in, see comments below.
Edit: added POLUS, I-intelligence.
Edit: deleted Competitive Insight, which is the same company as Intelligence Source.
Edit: added Clew.
Edit: added DC Analytics.