A while ago, we published a list of competitive intelligence companies. Our criteria was that competitive intelligence had to be their primary, or at least significant, focus. Other agencies graze the edges of competitive intelligence, but it's not their main service. All the companies we listed carry out primary or secondary research for their clients (usually both), and they all have competitive intelligence-focused websites.
In our latest update to this list, and to reflect the importance of social media, we have added their Twitter handles, where possible. We have also highlighted their locations to help you look for companies in specific countries. Naturally, there have been some changes to our original list: some new urls, a takeover, a couple of organizations have ceased trading, some companies have stopped focusing on competitive intelligence, and ISIS has unsurprisingly changed its name...
Here is our current directory of competitive intelligence specialists. If we have missed anyone out, please tweet @aquteintel
- Affinis, France
- Aqute Intelligence, USA, UK, @AquteIntel
- Aurora WDC, USA, @AuroraWDC
- AWARE, UK, @awareci
- Cascade Insights, USA, @cascadeinsight
- China Institute of Competitive Intelligence, China
- Cipher, USA, @CipherSisLLC
- CIS, USA, UK, China
- Clew, USA
- Combs Inc, USA
- Competia, Canada, Switzerland, @Competia
- DC Analytics, USA
- Die Denkfabrik, Germany, @think2know
- EMP Intelligence, UK, @Andrew_Pollard_
- European Agency, France, @EASI_IE
- Fletcher/CSI, USA, UK, @FletcherCSI
- Fred Wergeles, USA
- Fuld & Co, USA, UK, Philippines, @FuldCompany
- Global Intelligence Alliance, Finland HQ, global offices
- Helicon Group, USA
- I-Intelligence, Switzerland, @i_intelligence
- Info+Daten, Germany, @ipd+kg
- Inovis, USA
- Intelligentsia, UK HQ, global offices
- MindShifts, Australia, @BabetteBen
- Miniera, Spain, @MinieraIC
- Octopus Intelligence, UK, @Octopusintell
- Perpetual Strategist, USA
- Proactive Worldwide, USA, China, @PWW
- Quantumiii, South Africa, @q3intel
- Rauch Associates, USA, UK, @RauchAssociates
- RivalScape, USA
- Sharp Market, USA,
- The Business Intelligence Source, USA, @EllenNaylor
- Trinity Square, UK
You may be asking, why are we highlighting our own competitors? There aren't many service providers who cheerfully list their rivals on their websites. Primarily, we maintain this list because it is useful to companies that are looking for a competitive intelligence vendor. For example, most competitive intelligence agencies are relatively small, and their websites may get lost among general business and academic content devoted to competitive intelligence. In any case, competitive intelligence buyers are typically investigative types, who will find relevant agencies soon enough - the above list just saves time. And we like to think of our fellow competitive intelligence companies as healthy competition rather than business threats - there are good reasons why you would choose Aqute, and good reasons why you would choose someone else.
By publishing a list of what competitive intelligence companies are out there, and letting you see the scope of their offers, we are giving you a broader picture of competitive intelligence and how it can help you.
If you would like to find out how Aqute specifically can assist you with competitive intelligence insight, please get in touch with us.